These two islands are part of the three Nusa Islands, and are just 20km off the southeast coast of mainland Bali. It’s very easy to discover both islands because they are connected by the famous yellow bridge. You can reach the islands within a 45-minute boat ride from Sanur Beach.
We recommend you to rent a scooter to get around both islands. Although there’s probably more to see on Nusa Lembongan, we preferred staying at Nusa Ceningan. It has the coolest bars and restaurant, and it’s the perfect place to watch the sunset!
It’s easy to discover both islands in just 2 days!
WHAT TO DO?
1. DEVIL’S TEARS (Lembongan)
This is one of the highlights on Nusa Lembongan! Watch how the enormous waves smash against the rocky cove! It creates an enormous explosion of water and mist. You can sit here for hours just watching how beautiful and powerful mother nature is!
2. MANGROVE FOREST (Lembongan)
There are different ways to discover the mangrove. You can take a tour, rent a canoe or a paddle board… it’s just a beautiful piece of nature!
3. YELLOW BRIDGE
The bridge that connects Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Lembongan, is a beautiful spot to just stop and take a picture. Of course you can’t miss it if you’re crossing from one island to the other!
4. PANORAMA POINT (Lembongan)
This viewpoint in literally called ‘Panorama Point’. Drive all the way to the top and just enjoy the views on Nusa Lembongan.
5. RELAX ON ONE OF THE BEACHES (Lembongan)
We’ve visited Dream Beach, Mushroom Beach and Sandy Bay. All nice beaches to enjoy an afternoon, but our favourite beach was a small secluded beach on Nusa Ceningan… read on!
6. BLUE LAGOON (Ceningan)
It’s not super easy to find because there are no real signs! But just put it in google maps, and park on your right at ‘something that looks like a parking lot, but it’s not’. Take a small path on your left and you’ll get to the Blue Lagoon lookout. Just be careful with your belongings here, because this is where Nicolas dropped his Iphone into the lagoon!
7. SECRET BEACH (Ceningan)
If you parked at the small place just across the street from the path that leads to the Blue Lagoon lookout, you’ll see some stairs going down to a small rocky beach! We were completely alone here! This was definitely our favourite beach on Nusa Ceningan and Lembongan!
8. TAKE A DAYTRIP TO NUSA PENIDA
If you already planned your vacation on Nusa Lembongan or Ceningan, make sure to schedule a day trip to Nusa Penida! Although we do recommend to stay much longer on Nusa Penida. It was our favourite island of all three!
WHERE TO STAY?
Click on the name of the hotels/villas to see pictures, prices and check availibility.
- Le Pirate (FAVOURITE, cute little beach houses, Ceningan)
- Nusa Veranda Sunset Villas (the perfect place to watch sunsets, Ceningan)
- The Nicho’s Bungalows and Villas (jungle style, Lembongan)
WHERE TO EAT?
- The sand (the perfect spot for sunset and cocktails, they have a hammock in the water)
- Sea Breeze (good smoothie bowls for breakfast and lunch, delicious noodles for dinner, also a hammock in the water and some swings)
- Next level (cute little spot upstairs, open air, beautiful view)
PIN IT FOR LATER: